If it’s August, it’s time for the 4th Annual WesternGardeners.com Weird Veggie & Funny Fruit gardening contest.
But if you have a raspberry shaped like a heart, enter it in the 4th annual Weird Veggie & Funny Fruit Contest.
Once again, I’m calling on gardeners across the country to submit their digital photos of crazy carrots, wacky watermelons and odd-ball eggplants.
I started this kooky contest in 2009 to celebrate writing my 100th blog post. Well, that was quite a few blog posts ago, but the contest is still going strong.
In fact, I started hearing from gardeners early in the year asking about it.
The contest rules are simple:
1. Just email a digital photo of any vegetable or fruit you pull from the garden that makes you laugh, makes you blush or stops you in your tracks. Include your name, city and state. Contest is open to gardeners in the U.S.
2. Entries accepted until August 31, 2012, at midnight Mountain time.
3. By entering the contest, you grant WesternGardeners.com permission to use submitted photo(s) for promotional purposes without compensation.
4. A winner will be announced in early September. All decisions are final.
5. The winner receives bragging rights, a prize package of gardening goodies and lasting fame.
View past winners and runners-up at these links:
2009–Loch Ness Cucumber