Welcome to the fifth annual Weird Veggie and Funny Fruit gardening contest sponsored by WesternGardeners.com.
It’s also the time of the gardening year when Mother Nature’s sense of humor shows through and she puts noses on eggplants, pants on carrots and smiles on tomatoes.
The 5th annual Weird Veggie and Funny Fruit contest is on!
I want to see the wackiest vegetables or craziest fruit you find in your garden or at the farmer’s market. Just take a look at the Snailcumber I found in my garden this morning.
It’s simple to enter the Weird Veggie and Funny Fruit gardening contest:
1. Email (jodi@WesternGardeners.com) a digital, in-focus photo of any vegetable or fruit you find that makes you laugh, makes you blush or stops you in your tracks. Give it a fitting name and include your name, city, and state. Contest is open to gardeners in the U.S.
2. Entries accepted until Friday, September 20, 2013, at midnight Mountain time.
3. By entering the contest, you grant WesternGardeners.com permission to use your submitted photo(s) for promotional purposes without compensation.
4. A winner will be announced on September 23. All decisions are final.
5. The winner receives a prize package of gardening goodies and lasting fame.
You can take a look at the past winners and runners-up at these links:
2009–Loch Ness Cucumber
I’m looking forward to seeing all the twisted, bent and kooky produce you’ve been growing in your garden!