It’s time for the 2016 edition of the Weird Veggie & Funny Fruit photo contest sponsored by WesternGardeners.com!
Every year since 2009 I’ve given prizes to celebrate the crazy carrots, oddball eggplants and tasteless tomatoes gardeners find growing in their vegetable gardens.
If there’s anything funny growing on in your garden, let’s see it! Here’s how to enter photos of your perfectly imperfect produce:
- The contest begins on August 10 and ends September 10 at 10:00 p.m. Mountain Daylight Time.
- Send digital photos (in focus) of your crazy-looking fruit or vegetable to Jodi @ WesternGardeners.com. There’s a limit of 3 images per person.
- Give each entry a name and include your city and state; the contest is open to gardeners residing in the U.S.
- The winner will be chosen by an experienced, impartial judge. The winner will be notified on September 12.
- A gardener’s gift package will be awarded to the contest winner; runners up will receive a smaller token of appreciation.
By entering the the 2016 Weird Veggie & Funny Fruit contest, you grant WesternGardeners.com permission to use the submitted photos for promotional purposes during or after the contest, with attribution, but without compensation.
If you’d like to see winners from previous contests, visit the Weird Veggie & Funny Fruit Hall of Fame.
For more information, post your question here or email Jodi @ WesternGardeners.com.
Good luck to all!