The Colorado Gardener’s Companion:
An Insider’s Guide to Gardening in the Centennial State
Gardening in Colorado may seem like an extreme sport, but don’t throw in your trowel. Just get a copy of the Colorado Gardener’s Companion!
Book reviewers say, The Colorado Gardener’s Companion is…
The Denver Post newspaper selected the Colorado Gardener’s Companion as one of the great regional gardening books for inspiration and information.
This book is designed to help you get more from your Colorado gardening experience. Just click here to read an excerpt:
Planting in the Hellstrip explains how to plant in the area between the sidewalk and the curb—that devil of a place to landscape. Excerpt includes 4 plant lists to match a variety of conditions from native plants for sunny areas to ground covers for semi-shade.
A Dozen Horticulture Experts
The Colorado Gardener’s Companion includes tips from over a dozen horticulture experts from around the state—most of them gardeners just like you—to provide advice and information for novice and experienced gardeners alike.
The Colorado Gardener’s Companion is your hands-on guide to cultivating a successful garden in the Centennial State. Whether you are an experienced green thumb or an inquiring novice, whether you live in the mountains, on the Western Slope, along the Front Range or on the eastern plains, this easy-to-understand guide will help you grow bountiful vegetables, abundant flowers, and lush lawns.
- What’s in your Colorado soil and how to improve it
- How to take advantage of the state’s semiarid climate
- Techniques to maximize the short growing season
- The best high-performance plant varieties for your climate
- How to landscape to conserve water
- Ways to deal with the challenges of Colorado’s wild weather
- Sources for hands-on assistance with gardening questions
- In short, how to succeed in your Rocky Mountain garden
This 177-page book includes important information that Colorado gardeners need like…
- How to Scratch the Surface on Soils
- Colorado’s growing challenges and critical water issues
- Chapters dedicated to growing vegetables, annuals, perennials, trees, shrubs and lawns
- Garden Solutions for coping with garden pests and plant diseases
- Resource guide of special Colorado gardens